Shrimp & Pepper Kebabs with Grilled Red Onion Slaw
- ACTIVE: 30 min
- TOTAL: 30 min
- EQUIPMENT: Eight 6-inch skewers
A bag of coleslaw mix is a time-saving meal starter. Here, we make it our own by mixing in grilled red onion and crushed pita chips. A homemade herb-feta dressing both coats the slaw and sauces the kebabs.
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ⅓ cup chopped scallions
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup canola oil plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 1 pound raw shrimp (21-25 counts), peeled an deveined
- 24 mini bell peppers (15 ounces)
- 1 small red onion, cut into quarters
- 1 10-ounce bag coleslaw mix (with carrots and red cabbage)
- 1 ½ cups pita chips, crushed
- Preheat grill to medium-high
- Place parsley, scallions, feta, vinegar and ⅓ cup oil in a mini food processor; blend until mostly smooth. Set aside.
Thread 3 shrimp and 3 mini peppers on each of 8 bamboo skewers. Brush the kebabs and onion with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Grill the kebavs until the shrimp turn pink and are opaque in the center and the peppers are lightly charred, about 3 minutes per side. Grill the onion wedges until slightly softened and charred, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from the grill.
Reserve ¼ cup of the dressing. Combine slaw mix, pita chips and the remaining dressing in a large bowl. When the onion is cool enough to handle, thinly slice and toss with the slaw mixture.
Serve the slaw and kebabs with the reserved dressing.
Serves 4: 2 Kebabs, 1 ½ cups slaw & 1 Tbsp. dressing each
CAL 442 / FAT 28G (SAT 4G) / CHOL 194MG / CARBS 21G / TOTAL SUGARS 5G (ADDED OG) / PROTEIN 28G / FIBER 4G / SODIUM 394MG / POTASSIUM 567MG.